Useful General Knowledge MCQs Geographical Pakistan
1. Pakistan is divided into five physiographical divisions.
2. 796096 sq.km the total area of Pakistan.
3. Pakistan lies between the latitudes 24N to 37N.
4. Pakistan lies between the longitudes 61 E to 75.5 E.
5. In 1963 year boundary agreement was signed by Pakistan and China.
6. Wakhan separates Pakistan from Tajikistan.
7. Area of Wakhan is under the control of Afghanistan.
8. The border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is called Durand lines.
9. In 1972 line of control came into existence.
10. The length of Pak-China border is 595 km.
11. The length of Pak-Afghan border is 2252 km.
12. The length of Pak-Iran border is 805 km.
13. The length of Pak-India border is 1610 km.
14. The total length of land border with different countries is 5262km.
15. The total length of coastline of Pakistan 1046km.
16. Iran is located south west of Pakistan.
17. China is located north and north east of Pakistan.
18. India is located east of Pakistan.
19. Afghanistan is located west of Pakistan.
20. India ocean is located in south of Pakistan.
21. Punjab covered the total area is205344 sqkm.
22. Sindh covered the total area is140914 sqkm.
23. Balochistan covered the total area is347190 sqkm.
24. KPK covered the total area is74521 sqkm.
25. Islamabad covered the total area is906 sqkm.
26. FATA covered the total area is2720 sqkm.
27. According to international law Pakistan’s territorial sea limits is 12 nm.
28. 58% area of Pakistan is covered by mountain and plateaus.
29. 42% area of Pakistan is covered by plains and deserts.
30. Mountains and Ranges
31. K-2 is the highest peak of Pakistan.
32. K-2 peak is the 2nd highest peak of the world.
33. K-2 is also known Goodwin Austin.
34. K-2 is present in Krakoram mountain range.
35. Nanga Parbat is the part of Himalayas.
36. Karakoram Range links China with Pakistan.
37. Hindukash range separates Pakistan from Afghanistan.
38. The height of Trichmir peak is 7690 meters.
39. The salt range is situated between rivers soan and Jhelum.
40. The height of Nanga parbat peak is 8126 meters.
41. The height of Himalaya range increases as it moves from south to north.
42. Nanga parbat mountain peaks is called killer mountain.
43. The total height of K-2 peak is 8611 meters.
44. Skaram is the highest peak of the Koh-e-Sufaid range.
45. The maximum height of Khirthar range is2150 meters.
46. The height of Takhat-e-sulaiman peak is 3500 meters.
47. The height of sakasar peak is 1500 meters.
48. The highest peak of Himalayas range in Pakistan is Nanga parbat.
49. The highest peak of Karakoram Range in Pakistan is K-2.
50. The highest peak of Hindukush range in Pakistan is Trichmir.
51. The highest peak of salt range is sakasar.
52. The highest peak of Koh-e- Sulaiman range is Takhat-e- Suleiman.
53. The average height Karakoram Range is7000 meters.
54. Chaghi range separates Balochistan plateau from Afghanistan.
55. Ashraf Anan was the first Pakistani to climb the K-2.
56. Five peaks In Pakistan there are higher than 8000 meters.
57. The height of broad peak is 8047 meters.
58. In 1957 the broad peak was first climbed.
1. The pass which connects Abbot Abad and Gilgat is Babusar pass.
2. The pass which connects Dir with Kohistan district Badawi pass.
3. The highest pass in Pakistan an ancient trading route between Kashmir and china situated at the height of 5575 is Karakoram pass.
4. The pass which connects Sindh plain with Queeta is Bolanpass.
5. The pass which connects Chitralwith Wahkan is Baroghil pass.
6. The pass which connects Mardan with Malakand.isDargai pass.
7. The pass which connects Dera Ismail khan with Ghazni (Afghanistan) is Gomal pass.
8. The pass which connects Qila Abdullah with Chaman is Khojak pass.
9. The height of Khunjrab pass is 4555 meters.
10. The worlds’ highest passes such as Khunjrab Lawari and Shandoor are situated in Western mountain range.
11. The pass which connects Peshawar with Afghanistan is Lawaripass.
12. The total length of Khyber pass is 63 km.
13. The pass which connects Gilgat with China it is situated at the height of 4827 meters is Zagar pass.
14. The pass which connects Peshawar with Chitral is Malakand pass.
1. There is no desert in N W.F.P province of Pakistan.
2. In Balochistan province the desert Kharan is situated.
3. There are two deserts in Punjab.
4. The desert of Thar is situated in Sindh.
5. Thar is the largest desert of Pakistan and also known as friendly desert.
6. The desert of Thal situated in Punjab.
1. 13% area of mountain region is covered by glacier in Pakistan.
2. In Pakistan glaciers covers the area of 13680 sqkm.
3. Siachen Hispar Biafo Batura Chogo Lungma and Yengunta glaciers are present in Karakoram Range.
4. Siachen glacier is present in the region of Baltistan.
5. The total length of Siachen glacier is 72.5 km.
6. Batura is the 2nd largest glacier of Pakistan with the length of 64.5 km.
7. Baltoro glacier is situated in the mountain range of Karakoram.
8. Siachen is the highest glacier of Pakistan.
9. The total length of Hispar glacier is 61 meter.
10. Siachen is the longest glacier of Pakistan.
11. The total length of Baltoro glacier is 58 km.
12. The total length of Siachen glacier is 20000 feet.
1. Lalusar lake is located in Kaghan.
2. keenjher lake is located near Thatta Sindh.
3. Hamune lake is located in Balochistan.
4. Phander lake is located in KPK.
5. Manchhar lake is located near Dadu Sindh.
6. Saif-ul-Maluk lake is located in Kaghan.
7. The largest lake of Pakistan is Manchhar.
8. Hina lake is located near Quetta.
9. Kalar kahar lake is located in Salt Range.(Chakwal Punjab)
10. Hub lake is located near Karachi Sindh.
11. Haleji lake is located in Sindh.(Paradise of birds)
12. Kachura lake is located is situated in Skardu.
13. Sat Para lake is located near Baltistan.
14. Rawal lake is located in Islamabad.
15. Keenjhar is the largest lake of Pakistan.
16. Manchhar is the largest fresh water lake.
1. Jehlum and Chenab rivers meet at Trimmu.
2. All rivers of Punjab enter into river Indus at Kot Mithan.
3. River Indus also known as Abaseen river Attock river and Skardu river.
4. The smallest river of Pakistan is Ravi.
5. Name the longest river of Pakistan is Indus.
6. The total length of river Indus is 2900km.
7. The total length of river Ravi is 715km.
8. Harrapa city is situated on the bank of Ravi.
9. The river in Pakistan whose annual flow is twice that of the Nile is river Indus.
10. The Indus River rises from Tibet.
11. There are seven rivers flow in Balochistan.
12. Hingol is the largest river of Balochistan.
13. Indus River ends at Arabian Sea.
14. There are four rivers flow in Sindh.
15. Panjkora River is located in KPK.
16. There are five rivers flow in Punjab.
17. There are eight rivers flow in KPK.
18. Bolan River is located in Balochistan.
19. Baran River is located in Sindh.
20. Most of the country’s rivers flow into Indus River.
21. There are twenty four rivers in Pakistan.
22. Dasht River is located in Balochistan.
23. Porali River is located in Balochistan.
Useful General Knowledge MCQs Geographical Pakistan