Who was the British Prime Minister at the time of the partition of India?
2. When was it announced that June 1948 had been determined as the date of withdrawal of British power from India?
Ans: Feb. 20, 1947
3. Who was the Secretary of State for India at the time of partition in 1947?
Ans: Lord Listowel
4. Who was the Viceroy of India from 1943 to 1947?
Ans: Lord Wavell
5. When did Lord Mountbatten arrive in Delhi as new Viceroy of India?
Ans: March 22, 1947
6. Who was the Chief of the Viceroy’s staff from 1936 to 1947?
Ans: Lord Ismay
7. When did Jinnah meet Lord Mountbatten first time?
Ans: April 5, 1947
8. When did Lord Mountbatten announced the partition plan?
Ans: June 3, 1947
9. Which party formed government in NWFP after the 1946 elections?
Ans: All India Congress
10. Who was the Chief Minister of NWFP after the elections of 1946?
Ans: Khan Sahib