21. Who were the members of the Steering Committee of the Partition Council in the Center?
Ans: Ch. Muhammad Ali and H.M. Patel
22. Apart from partition Council how many expert committees were formed to cover the whole field of administration?
23. When did the Pakistan Assembly pass the resolution for changing the name of West Punjab to Punjab?
24. What is the estimated number of people who migrated on partition of India in 1947?
Ans: 8,500,000 (dubbed as “largest migration in history” by Information office Delhi).
25. What was the name of the force set up on partition to maintain law and order in the disputed areas?
Ans: The Punjab Boundary Force.
26. When did the Joint Defence Council for India and Pakistan decide to abolish the Punjab Boundary Force?
27. On 3rd September, 1947 Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan meet in a conference in Lahore. What was the agenda of the conference?
Ans: Restoration of Law and Order and Protection of Refugees.
28. Which airline helped movement of 35000 people from Pakistan to India between Oct. 20 to Nov. 30, 1947? (The same airline also moved 7000 Muslim Govt. officials and the families from Delhi to Pakistan).
Ans: British Overseas Airways Corporation
29. Which Indian city was proclaimed a “dangerous area” on Sept. 8, 1947?
30. Who was the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces at the time of partition?
Ans: Field Marshal Lord Auchinleck