31. A Joint Defence Council was set up to supervise the division of armed forces and military stores and equipment. Who was its Chairman?
Ans: Lord Mountbatten
32. Who were other members of the Joint Defence Council?
Ans: Field Marshal Lord Auchinleck and two representatives of the India and Pakistan.
33. Who represented Pakistan in the Joint Defence Council meeting held in August, 1947 in Delhi?
Ans: Liaquat Ali Khan
34. The Joint Defence Council had to complete its task by March 31, 1948 but when was it abolished?
Ans: November, 1947
35. According to Mountbatten what was “the most difficult letter” that he had to “ever to write” in his life?
Ans: The letter he wrote to Auchinleck regarding abolishing the Joint Defence Council under pressure from his Indian cabinet.
36. Under the Partition agreement how many Sherman tanks were to be given to Pakistan?
37. How many Sherman tanks were actually given to Pakistan?
Ans: Not even one
38. Where was the Inter-Dominion Defence Secretaries Conference held on May 3, 1948?
39. What was the Cash balance of the former government of undivided India on Aug. 14, 1947?
Ans: 4000 million rupees
40. How much from the Cash balance was demanded by Pakistan?
Ans: 1000 million rupees